Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Katie's Spots



As you know, Katie was diagnosed with ITP recently and spent some time in the hospital from April 1-4th. It was a scary time for Daddy and I, especially when the L word was mentioned multiple times.




I have to say how proud we were of her while she was stuck at the hospital for those 4 days being poked and prodded. She had a port taped to her hand the entire time as well. On the first morning in the hospital, she found a shopping cart in the playroom and claimed it as her own. She walked that shopping cart up and down the hallways and outside every chance she got. She was a source of a lot of smiles and we believe that she brought some sunshine to some of the other patients and employees as well.


We are grateful for all the support we received from friends and family while in the hospital. We are so blessed to have the support system that we have. We are forever grateful.



She had her first blood on Monday and hope to have the results on her platelets in the next few days. We really hope they are high enough for her to be able to go back to the park.


Of course, I can't leave Brady out of the photo op. Here you go!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I found you! I am sorry to be reading about Katie's ITP diagnosis, I am sure it has been a challenging time for you all. Katie and Brady are absolutely adorable and I cannot believe how big they have gotten!! I will say a little pray for good results on Katie's blood draw and I very much look forward to "keeping" up with you again!!

((Hugs))

Amy